As of 1/1/2013 Our recycling contractor is Waste Management. If you have a missed Curbside pickup, please call 732-678-9152 .
CLICK HERE FOR NEW 2013 RECYCLING SCHEDULE AS OF 4/1/13
Jackson Township practices single stream recycling.
This process allows residents to mix recyclable paper, acceptable plastic, glass, aluminum and tin cans and cardboard ALL IN ONE BIN.
Residential single-steam recycling greatly increases recycling rates, recovering as much as three times the amount of recyclable materials. This process is made possible through the use of various mechanized screens and optical sorting technologies.
ITEMS THAT SHOULD BE EXCLUDED ARE:
- Cereal & Pizza Boxes
- Plastic bags
- Paper Plates
- Items containing food stuff
- Styrofoam containers
- Aluminum foil/foil trays
- Everyday household trash
- Toys/Potting plant containers
PLEASE REFER TO THE GUIDELINES BELOW
- You may place up to 7 containers curbside Bi-weekly.
- You may place your yellow container alongside other uncovered containers that you may need to utilize.
- If you are using your own container, please place yellow recycling stickers on both sides of the container.
- Recycling stickers are available, free of charge, in the Department of Public Works located on 10 Don Connor Blvd.
- If a holiday falls on Thursday or Friday , residents may place their cans out for the following Saturday morning.
- Residents may also dispose of recycling at our Convenience Center located on Don Connor Blvd., Saturday through Tuesday from 8 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.
- Click here for info on Rigid Plastic Recycling
- It is suggested that residents go to the main page of this website and register to receive email blasts for current updates.