Located on Don Connor Boulevard across the street from the Senior Center. Follow this link for the Voucher
Hours of Operation
- Friday Through Tuesday 8 am to 3:45 pm
- Closed, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Holidays
Please note: Homeowners only (no contractors!)
TRANSFER STATION CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
- Carpets, hot tubs and flooring have been added to the vouchers.
- Residents are limited to 3 trips per day.
- No commercial trucks of any kind (including Home Depot and Lowes rentals) will be allowed. Only personal pick-ups and cars.
- 6’ x 8’ trailers only- with voucher.
- All cardboard must be emptied of packing materials and broken down to 3’ x 3’ before coming to the site.
- All hoverboards must have batteries removed and ready for inspection by the attendant.
- No black bags. Anyone bringing debris in black bags shall be rejected. You may return to the site after items have been removed from the black bags.
- Two (2) forms of acceptable identification are Driver’s License and Tax Bill only.
- This site is for Jackson Residents only. You must be present, inside the vehicle when dumping at this site.
This site is not for emptying entire contents of home. Please hire a dumpster company for whole house cleanouts.
Chapter 216 Garbage, Rubbish & Waste Material
[Adopted August 28, 1995 by Ordinance Number 31-95 (Chapter 63, Article VI, of the 1972 Code)]
The purpose of this article is to establish basic rules and regulations for the safe and efficient use of the Jackson Township transfer station and bulky waste compactor.
The Township strongly encourages all Jackson residents to bring all acceptable residential bulky waste materials to this facility, subject to the provisions of the following sections.
All recyclable and/or waste materials either deposited at the site of the municipal transfer station or bulky waste compactor or picked up curbside by Township employees shall immediately become the property of the Township and shall be disposed of in a manner prescribed by law.
A. "Residential bulky waste" defined. Residential bulky waste items include appliances, furniture, bedding, rugs, pool covers, landscaping items and any other similar types of bulky, nonhazardous, unwanted household waste materials that are generated by a homeowner maintaining a residential property in Jackson Township.
B. Jackson residents and homeowners only. The facility provides residents with a valuable service that is not available in many neighboring communities. As such, it is necessary for all users of the facility to submit proof of Jackson residency and/or residential property ownership. Acceptable forms of proof include drivers license, voter registration card, photo identification card or, in the case of nonresident homeowners, a current tax bill in combination with one of the above.
C. No commercial waste. No waste materials of any kind whatsoever that are generated by commercial activities or business operations of any sort, including, but not limited to, retail stores, professional offices, real estate agencies, landlords, contractors and agricultural business enterprises, shall be permitted to be deposited at the facility.
D. Prohibited waste materials. No nonrecyclable liquid and/or hazardous materials of any kind are permitted to be deposited at the facility.
E. Construction/demolition debris.
(1) Definition. Construction/demolition debris consists of any and all nonhazardous building materials, including, but not limited to, plywood, lumber, Sheetrock, paneling, insulation material, plumbing fixtures, cabinetry, windows, doors, roofing and siding materials and any other similar types of materials generated by the construction, demolition, alteration or repair of any residential dwelling or accessory structure related to residential use.
(a) All construction/demolition debris deposited at the facility must be no larger than four feet by four feet.
(b) Construction/demolition debris accepted at the facility shall be limited to only those waste materials generated by construction, demolition, alteration or repair activities conducted by the resident or homeowner himself in accordance with all applicable building codes and regulations. No waste materials shall be accepted from any residential property where any such work is performed by a contractor or tradesman on a commercial basis.
(3) Voucher required.
(a) All residents and homeowners wishing to dispose of construction/demolition debris at the facility shall be required to first obtain a voucher authorizing the same from the Jackson Township Department of Public Works.
[Amended July 9, 2001 by Ordinance Number 20-01]
(b) The Jackson Township Department of Public Works shall issue no more than two construction/demolition debris disposal vouchers per improved residential lot per year. Each voucher shall bear the lot and block number of the property against which it is issued as well as the date of issuance.
[Amended July 9, 2001 by Ordinance Number 20-01]
(c) The Jackson resident or homeowner shall surrender to the compactor attendant one voucher upon each trip to the municipal transfer station regardless of the size of the vehicle transporting the debris that is disposed of, provided that said vehicle complies with the provisions of Subsection G herein.
G. Size of vehicles limited. Any vehicle transporting bulky waste material to the facility shall be of a gross vehicle weight of no more than 8,000 pounds.
H. Affidavit may be required. In any instance where a question arises as to the user’s residency qualifications and/or origin of the bulky waste materials, the resident may be required to execute an affidavit attesting to the same and acknowledging the penalties for misrepresentation.
I. Vehicle records required. The attendant at the transfer station will record the vehicle registration of all vehicles entering and using the facility. In addition, all vehicles and users entering the facility will be videotaped.
J. Right to reject waste materials. The Township reserves the right to reject any and all waste materials that may be deemed by the Township to be potentially detrimental to the safe and efficient operation of the transfer station, notwithstanding that the material may be otherwise qualified for disposal at the site under the provisions of this article.
Any person, firm or corporation violating any provision of this article or any regulations adopted hereunder shall be subject to a fine of not more than $1,000 or imprisonment of up to 30 days for each offense.