Operation Blue Angel
Operation Blue Angel is a program run by the Jackson Township Police Department to assist residents who, due to advanced age, mobility, and medical concerns, may be unable to answer their door in an emergency situation.
The program is administered free of charge to any eligible resident.
Through Operation Blue Angel, a Police Department owned lock box similar to a realtor's lock box is mounted to a door of the home. A key, supplied by the resident, is locked inside the box. In the event of an emergency, responding police officers are able to retrieve the key by using a code accessed by our Communications Center, allowing us to quickly enter the home without causing damage. Residents may also opt to provide a garage door code instead of using a lock box.
Applicants to Operation Blue Angel must meet certain criteria and agree to our terms and conditions:
· Must be 60 years of age or older, and have a medical condition that is potentially incapacitating.
· Must live alone.
· Must provide a key (or keys) for an entry door to the home.
· Must grant the Jackson Township Police Department permission to access and use the key in a medical emergency. A waiver form must be completed and included with the application.
· The Police Department maintains ownership of the lock box. If you should you move, you must notify the Police Department so that we may retrieve our lock box.
· The resident will not be given the code to the lock box and may not request access to the lock box, except in a medical emergency.
Should you need assistance filling out this application contact Captain John Convery at 732-833-3015 or E-mail Captain John Convery.